10 Things Any Community Can Do
1.“CSN” Community Safety Network – Engage in a collaborative effort with community institutions (churches, schools, businesses, organizations, etc) to develop and coordinate safety initiatives.
2. Contacts– Develop an easy-access guide to community resources that meet residents’ needs.
3. Beyond the Cell– Establish a communication network with community members who are incarcerated to share and develop ideas for achieving a more peaceful and safe community.
4. PATH Parents Are The Heroes– Create a support network for parents/guardians to address the needs and concerns of the family.
5. Something’s Buggin’ You – Establish a network for people who are experiencing a crisis, anger issues, feeling stressed or just need to connect with someone before hurting themselves or others.
6. Get Involved to Resolve – Join an existing group or organization that’s working and making a difference in your community; or create a new one.
7. GNATS – Needs Above Trivial Stuff—Establish an outlet for individuals/groups who carry out acts of kindness and focus on the needs of others.Little things,big and small.mean a lot..
8. GPT Getting’ Paid Thinkshops – Create ongoing sessions to share employment opportunities and promote entrepreneurship.
9. 2 Connect – Hold bi-weekly or monthly forums for children, youth and adults to bridge the gaps that keep them apart; address today’s critical challenges.
10. Mediate To Liberate– Organize a group of community professionals and non-professionals who can address and help settle differences or disputes (personal, property or past issues)… between/among community residents.
Alex-Zan © Copyright 2016